New Way Air Bearings provides technical training at our Aston, Pennsylvania headquarters to prepare new personnel for the technical challenges in the manufacture, performance and sale of Porous Media™ air bearings. Training is provided for both salaried and hourly employees.
Specifically, the goals of the technical training are to help employees:
- Gain an understanding of the various forms of air bearings (orifice versus porous media).
- Become informed about 'obsolete' contact bearings (rolling element bearings).
- Learn about the differential advantages of Porous Media™ air bearing technology.
- Understand the differing technical standards and measures used around the world.
- Know where to find appropriate technical resources for problem-solving purposes (trainees, employees and management).
- Provide basic through advanced training on the various precision machine tools and equipment on the floor of the New Way manufacturing facilities.
In addition, specialized programs designed for rapid ramp-up of new employees are available from many New Way departments.
Finally, advanced technical training for New Way personnel, customers, and the New Way distribution channel will soon be available as on-line video eLearning modules.